Remote delivery • new markets • Disaster response
Range and endurance of fixed wing aircraft / Near helicopter landing precision / Reduce your operating cost per ton delivered by 50%+ / Increase the useful load of your aircraft by 2x to 3x / Cargo Areas from 243 cubic ft. to 1025 cubic ft.
The AirTrailer is considered a “towed banner" under 14 CFR section 91.311 and thus able to perform in commercial and public airspace.
The Federal Aviation Administration has determined that the AirTrailerTM is not an aircraft nor an unmanned aircraft system subject to FAA certification.
Meet our game changer...the AirTrailer
WHAT IS AN AIRTRAILER? It's a mechanically simple and cost-effective solution for a multitude of cargo needs in the form of a gyroplane glider trailer that is hitched to and towed by an aircraft or drone. While the AirTrailer is towed by a manned aircraft, it is actually flown by a state-of-the-art "Flight Controller", from takeoff to landing.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS? We're setting a new standard for remote air cargo. Here's how:
- Low cost of ownership: 1/25 of the cost of a comparable sized aircraft
- Mechanically simple: no engine, no transmission, no drive train, and no tail rotor
- Performance: all weather operations, cruise speeds from 30-110 knots, very short takeoff with near helicopter precision vertical landing
- Cargo load capacity: from 500 lb. to 10 tons (20,000 lb.) delivered using a light single engine turboprop aircraft, saving up to 67% per ton delivered
- Global opportunity: due to accessibility, only 30% of the world is serviced by regular air cargo delivery service; we can take care of the other 70% as well
HOW THE AIRTRAILER WORKS...
The AirTrailer is a Gyroplane glider, an unpowered rotor wing aircraft towed by a manned aircraft or Unmanned Aircraft (Drone), autonomously controlled by a state of the art flight control system.
Landing: the AirTrailer is released in flight by the towing aircraft, at or near 300 feet Above Ground Level—it senses the ground through dust, snow, and fog by radar and/or laser altimeter—decelerates and lands gently with near zero roll!
Gyroplanes are essentially mechanical parachutes or horizontal windmills that provide substantial lift from incoming air. Unlike helicopters, gyrocopter gliders are far simpler, have no transmission, engines or counter torque tail rotors. Using small auxiliary motors gyrocopters can store kinetic energy to jump vertically into the air or with only a short takeoff run. At landing they flare like a parachute to a near zero ground roll landing closely mimicking the footprint of a helicopter in all but hover.